Oriental rugs come in a variety of shapes, designs, and forms. They are considered high-quality fabrics which means that they are mostly made from natural materials such as wool, cotton, silk but can also be produced from synthetic materials. Their fabric is essential when it comes to cleaning because you need to treat them differently as they are sensitive to different detergents and cleaning products and vary in this regard.
General Cleaning Tips for Persian Carpets
1. Check the label of your carpet to find out what kind of fabric you are trying to clean.
This will help you make the right decision and give your carpet the proper treatment. By doing this you make sure that the carpet will not be destroyed.
2. Keep your rug away from direct sunlight if possible.
Persian rugs and carpets can be prone to sun damage, so if it’s possible put them somewhere where they are not constantly exposed to direct sunlight. You are mainly doing this to protect the carpet color and keep it fresh as long as possible. We all know that Oriental carpets are not cheap, so it is a good idea to take care of them on time.
3. Before applying any type of detergent or cleaning product – TEST it! Apply a small amount of the cleaning product on the corner of the rug or matting and slowly and lightly brush.
4. Deposit talcum powder to remove unwanted odors. Talcum powder is gentle to most of the carpet fabrics. It absorbs moisture very well and helps cut down on friction.
How to clean a Cotton Persian Carpet?
Cotton is a durable fabric that can generally tolerate the shaking of being machine washed and dried with no negative effects.
- Pick it up and shake your rug outside. If you have a particularly heavy rug, try to hang it on a clothesline and beat it with your hands or as funny as it sounds with a rolling pin.
- Vacuum the carpet from both sides thoroughly.
- Place the type of rug in the washing machine. Remember the 1st General Cleaning tip we gave you? ALWAYS CHECK THE LABEL. Use cold water and mild or light soap.
Dry clean the carpet if you prefer not to machine-wash it.
Cleaning your carpet is essential. As unusual as it might sound dirty carpet and rugs can hinder airflow in your bedroom or livingroom.
How to clean a Silk Persian Carpet?
- It is better not to vacuum silk rugs without the help of cleaning experts! Silk is very gentle and so you better sweep away the dust or dirt from it, preferably outside to avoid dust spread in your home. If you are set on using a vacuum cleaner make sure to only use the suction attachment.
- DIY! Make your homemade cleaning solution by mixing half water and half white wine vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Spray the cleaning solution all over the carpet evenly.
- Get your self a clean, dry cloth and wipe away the homemade detergent
- For oily stains or urine, you have to use an additional cleaning technique. Firstly add a nice amount of baking soda to the stain. Then blend half a cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide with a teaspoon of dish detergent and place the combination in a bottle. Spray over the baking soda area until the baking soda is covered. Use a dry cloth to remove the baking soda. Let dry!
Tip: Silk is a delicate fabric, so consider contacting a professional cleaning company.
Clean Expert is a company with more than 25 years of experience in the industry and a leading expert in the field. We specialize in Carpet and Rug Cleaning and use the best equipment and detergents to make sure that you have your property is spotlessly clean.
How to clean a Wool Persian Carpet?
Before proceeding make sure that you buy a special wool wash detergent!
- Take it outside and shake, and beat your rug. If you have a particularly heavy rug, try to hang it on a clothesline and beat your hands, a tennis racket, or if you have it a rug beater. Use this time to clean what was underneath the carpet.
- Vacuum the Wool Persian Carpet. Now, why are you doing both? Wool Persian Carpets are beautiful but are among the fabrics that contain the most dirt.
- DIY Wool Wash! – It is best to buy this product because it takes a little more time to make it. But here is our recipe that you can make at home
*Recipe for Wool Wash: 1L. pure soap or soap flakes: 1L boiling water, 375 ml of denatured alcohol, 1 tablespoon essential vanilla oil for fragrance
- Scrub Gently! Sponge on the cleaning solution using gentle pressure with a wash brush.
- Dip a clean old towel in water and use it to clean the rug or carpet
- Use talcum powder to dry out.
How to clean a Synthetic Persian Carpet?
Synthetic Persian Carpets require often cleaning because the elimination of visible dirt from the surface does not let you completely get rid of dust. However, they are easier to clean.
- Start by vacuuming the carpet
- In a spray bottle add a simple mixture of 2L. of water, 1 tablespoon of soda, and 60ml. of white wine vinegar.
- Spray the combination on the carpet but try not to waterlog the rug.
- Soft brush and you will see the colors changing back to normality!
- Vacuum again and you are ready
Choosing the right cleaning company to sanitize your office or commercial property can be a bit of a challenge due to the variety of choices in the industry. А high ranking cleaning company doesn’t necessarily guarantee top-quality services. Maintaining a clean and...
Cleaning time: 60 minutes Residual work: 10 Hours Level of experience: BeginnerSuede is a great fabric for sofas, couches, and armchairs and certainly has a velvety, rich appearance. Without a doubt, suede gives a room a cozy, luxurious look. This is why obtaining...
Yes, we all postpone cleaning our mattresses but at some point, we have to realize the importance of cleaning it. Sleeping in a dirty bed can create potential health issues because of the amount of dust, dirt, and bacteria that goes deep into your bed. In this...